Deloitte - Team 4
- Energy suppliers need to constantly balance energy supply and demand
- Limited control over renewables and demand
- To meet high demand, currently need to burn more fossil fuels!
- This results in high carbon intensity for energy production during peak periods
Can we shift demand to periods when carbon intensity is lower?
- Inform consumers when carbon intensity is high/low
- Scheduling assistant for manual activities
- Intelligent Devices
- Appliance glow red when carbon intensity is high
- Automatic scheduling of tasks and charging cycles.
- Coordinate demand schedules across homes (especially EV charging)
- Coordinate demand and supply
- Timeseries for supply and demand data
- Asset to store supply carbon intensity forecast model
- Python Analytic to schedule tasks / charging cycles
- Vacuum cleaner
- Washing Machine
Dishwasher cycle carbon
UK Grid Carbon
Appliance Scheduling Assistant